Psychotherapy for couples
If we want to stay together, we deserve a fulfilling relationship
No one teaches us to how to work as couples, to express our disagreement, or to argue without wearing away at the relationship. However, we imitate the behaviour and relationships that we've grown up with and witnessed. Those of our parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents. That's why sometimes we maintain sentimental relationships that don't make us feel fulfilled or satisfied.
It's difficult for us to recognize that a relationship isn't working. We maybe suffering for a long time until worrying situations such as the loss of mutual respect or an impact on our children appear. That's when we realize it's not a fleeting situation, and that the help of a professional is is needed to straighten out the the relationship. The sooner you seek out this support, the quicker you'll be able to reestablish a healthy relationship.
When should I seek advice?
- If you been dissatisfied with the relationship for a long time, and despite attempts to fix it, you haven't been able to.
- When conflicts remain unresolved, and complaints and reproaches stop you from moving forward.
- When problems of infidelity and jealousy destabilize the relationship.
- When you want to feel happy again with your partner.
- When you don't know how to communicate or disagree on important issues (your future together, children's education, getting on with your family or your partner's etc).
- When your children's problems overwhelm and affect you too much.
- When the external problems are a source of conflict.
- When you have decided to separate but there are many unresolved issues (how to tell the children, sharing custody, possessions etc).
How can psychotherapy for couples help you?
Couples therapy provides a space for dialogue where relationship dynamics and patterns and how they negatively affect the relationship are brought to light.
You'll break out of the vicious circle that limits you and rebuild the relationship in order to improve your life as a couple.
As a couple, I have to say that it was very rewarding and very helpful for both my partner and myself..
.. It made us understand things or circumstances that as a couple or as parents we sometimes don't even realize or don't give importance to, but that can greatly affect the relationship.
We can honestly say that our experience has been an enriching one, one which has been rewarding and of great help. Esther knew how to deal with the problem and find a way to solve it and overcome through our work as a family and hers.
We thank her wholeheartedly for the work she did with us, and we encourage people who might feel identified or that currently have similar circumstances to trust her. Follow the steps she indicates, the advice she gives you and above all, work together.
There's always solution.
Thank you very much for everything.
Josep Maria, 48 years old